Need tips for chipping - 3Click

Moderators: Zmax, JohnMeyer, HeNs

UncleCheek

Need tips for chipping - 3Click

Postby UncleCheek » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:35 pm

So my short game has really suffered. The biggest issue is when using a wedge for a chip shot (range up to 72ft). I can be within that distance off the green and when I try to gauge the distance properly, nothing ever lands the way it should. For example.....My distance is 40 ft. The range meter has three marks on it (start, middle, top of swing). If the top range under optimal conditions is 72 ft, and I hit the shot perfectly timed at half power...how come the ball only trickles a short distance of like 20 feet? Hitting the 3 click meter at half should give a 36 foot landing (or 30 at least) and then a nice short put to the cup. I literally can be on the fringe of the green and have a remaining distance of 50 feet. I click the meter for swing power to be just beyond half (assuming again its a chip shot with a top range of 72 feet) and the ball barely jumps on the green and runs about 30 feet. I just dont get it.

Any suggestions?

Zmax

Re: Need tips for chipping - 3Click

Postby Zmax » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:54 am

Lie type (penalties), how close you hit the snap, landing surface, uphill, downhill, green slopes, etc... can all effect your carry and roll.

Best to load up Woodys practice course using game Practice play mode, set post shot screen to auto continue after say 4-5 secs. Then you can place the ball anywhere and practice same shot over and over.

Also, register for a wedge OGT Combine and use that to practice your short game. It's unlimited play. http://simulation.onlinegolftour.net/to ... l?id=10040
GC2 US CST
Site Admin

JNPG Simulator Winter Tour 18 (sim):
http://www.simulation.onlinegolftour.ne ... l?id=10036

OGT Simulator Tour Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/OGTSimulatorTour/

sliceapotomu

Postby sliceapotomu » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:31 am

The meter is not linear. So. A 100% shot will not give you 2 x the distance that a 50 % shot would. chips and pitches take some time to master . Need to practice with mulligans on. You can fire up any course in practice mode and hit any where on any hole. Then you can use mulligan to replay it. Cady in game is a dummy but you can gauge the carry and or rollout with numbers given. Best to try different shots from same place to see what a flop would do vs. chip or pitch.

sliceapotomu

Postby sliceapotomu » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:34 am

Practice mode allows you to place ball any where you want on any hole by clicking on ball icon then on screen or minimap to place ball where you want to practice from. You can always come onto discord much easier to help and explain things....

DoGgsBollox

Postby DoGgsBollox » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:00 am

never use the 72ft club unless you have a downhill chip, start at the 89 and lean more towards the 38yd club as you get better at gauging distance vs slope. This will give you a much better chance of sinking chip shots as the roll out is much better with longer clubs, its all about gauging the distance. Play about with the loft also, as this can help negate some break or fly any rough in front of you.

sliceapotomu

Postby sliceapotomu » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:03 pm

I chip all the time with the 64 wedge. Once you learn the carry distances and what up hill and down hill roll outs are you will count on this shot to save par or birdie a few times a round. on flattish lie you go just under 9 o'clock with the 64 for a 31 32 foot chip. I also can over play the power on this shot to bump and run into a hill as i would in real life ..

Return to “OGT General Discussions”