Golf Training Aids

Willymakit

Golf Training Aids

Postby Willymakit » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:03 am

Just wondering if anybody has ever bought a golf training aids that works. I came across this product called the "power package". Have anybody ever tried it, and if so, does it work.

Please post any other golf training aids that you have bought that felt it work or didn't work.
Last edited by Willymakit on Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GC2

MST

Shankygolf

Re: Golf Gimmicks

Postby Shankygolf » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:39 pm

The only training aid/gimmicky thing I've ever purchased with my own money is the Swingrite, I find this thing gives instant feedback as described in the link. I'd say I use this once a week at least with students.
https://www.golftrainingaids.com/products/swingrite
I help people learn to love their golf swing!
In person, Online and LIVE online lessons available
http://www.shankygolf.co.uk
GC2+HMT Sim player
UK - EST +5

CintiGolfer

Postby CintiGolfer » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:08 pm

I have purchased two and both helped me. One is the Right Angle. At that time that I bought it, my swing was getting too long (probably 20 degrees past parallel) and this helped me prevent might right elbow (I'm a righty) from getting past 90 degrees. This helped me learn to shorten my swing. The other one I purchased was the Inside Approach. This helped me correct an over the top move that I developed from practicing my short game.
SkyTrak

Willymakit

Postby Willymakit » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:51 pm

CintiGolfer wrote:I have purchased two and both helped me. One is the Right Angle. At that time that I bought it, my swing was getting too long (probably 20 degrees past parallel) and this helped me prevent might right elbow (I'm a righty) from getting past 90 degrees. This helped me learn to shorten my swing. The other one I purchased was the Inside Approach. This helped me correct an over the top move that I developed from practicing my short game.

I was going to buy the inside approach when I was down in the States at Golfsmith. They were selling them for 10.00 us. Up here in Canada, golf town wants 80.00 Canadian
GC2

MST

psgolfer

Postby psgolfer » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:04 pm

Willymakit wrote:
CintiGolfer wrote:I have purchased two and both helped me. One is the Right Angle. At that time that I bought it, my swing was getting too long (probably 20 degrees past parallel) and this helped me prevent might right elbow (I'm a righty) from getting past 90 degrees. This helped me learn to shorten my swing. The other one I purchased was the Inside Approach. This helped me correct an over the top move that I developed from practicing my short game.

I was going to buy the inside approach when I was down in the States at Golfsmith. They were selling them for 10.00 us. Up here in Canada, golf town wants 80.00 Canadian

Any you passed on it for $10? They are normally $40 - $50 USD
GC2 PDT

RagnarD

Postby RagnarD » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:25 am

I'm a golf novice - only started playing about 18 months ago. So far I haven't found any devices that without pro instruction really did much good for me. I've tried a number of them - seems like it takes the right pro to provide the advice that works for your way of learning. I've tried 3 coaches for multiple lessons each in 18 months, only my current one seems to have been able to really convey to me the feel and practices to improve.
Swyngyde - I bought and used on my own, seemed impossible to swing with it. Solo- it didn't help at all. A few months later, my coach used them in a lesson in which he showed me how I should be changing my swing motion, and then they became helpful to show me if my backswing or release was going off plane. So I recommend if you're working with a coach that likes using it and thinks you need it.
Orange Whip & similar devices - ok for stretching/warming up, but again, it doesn't seem to fix anything on its own.

I'm really curious if anyone has used and benefitted (or not) from an explanar, planeswing or similar swing circle guide device. My suspicion is that like most of these devices, it won't deliver on its promises on its own. But it does look like it has some promise.

RagnarD

Re: Golf Training Aids

Postby RagnarD » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:34 pm

I assembled my explanar in my basement. Feels solid. Practiced twice so far on it, at the driver angle. Definitely strengthens some muscles, slightly sore the next day like after a workout. Too early to draw conclusions in terms of swing effect. Designer recommends 10 minutes twice a day for an extended period.

Return to “Golf Equipment”