Skytrak Short Chips

CintiGolfer

Skytrak Short Chips

Postby CintiGolfer » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:43 pm

I've been involved in testing a new beta of JNPG that includes an integration of the short chip shots that Skytrak recently made available in their SDK (developers interface).

I probably hit 150 to 200 short game shots so far. I've had some no reads but I think these are related to my Skytrak and not the new fix. I will get some no reads with my Skytrak even on full shots. With the update, I had the Skytrak pickup shots with a carry as short as 3 feet. This was not possible before this update. I think the shortest I could register before the update was about 20-24 feet of carry.

The ball reaction on the greens is much better. I had a few with a PW check up a little faster than I thought would happen. This seemed to happen when the ball landed on the fringe. I'll continue to test over the next few days and report any issues I see.
SkyTrak

Tekbud

Re: Skytrak Short Chips

Postby Tekbud » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:15 pm

Errgh. My biggest complaint with the skytrak was short chips and pitches. If this really is fixed makes the gc2 purchase just a few short months ago not quite as needed... Skygolf was talking about a potential fix over a year ago so I didn't think it would ever happen for this version of the hardware.

TorchRedRob

Postby TorchRedRob » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:01 pm

Yeah, but you'd still be guessing as to whether the horizontal angle / azimuth was correct on putts and chips. With GC2, you know it's right. Plus, it never misses a read, and the delay is a third of the ST. All wins in my book, even though it was 3X the cost.
GC2 EST

Dropzone73

Postby Dropzone73 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:17 am

CintiGolfer wrote:I've been involved in testing a new beta of JNPG that includes an integration of the short chip shots that Skytrak recently made available in their SDK (developers interface).

I probably hit 150 to 200 short game shots so far. I've had some no reads but I think these are related to my Skytrak and not the new fix. I will get some no reads with my Skytrak even on full shots. With the update, I had the Skytrak pickup shots with a carry as short as 3 feet. This was not possible before this update. I think the shortest I could register before the update was about 20-24 feet of carry.

The ball reaction on the greens is much better. I had a few with a PW check up a little faster than I thought would happen. This seemed to happen when the ball landed on the fringe. I'll continue to test over the next few days and report any issues I see.

Try chipping with 8 iron and you'll see that they don't only check up little faster, they back spinn quite much. It's because of SkyTrak giving spinns from 5000 to 9000 in 20 - 30 meter chips.

Zmax

Postby Zmax » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:24 pm

Perfect Golf 1.4.2.3 Patch
MARCH 23 - PERFECT PARALLEL
This is a minor patch release to fix a few things

Many improvements to simulator application and Launch Monitor connections including new SkyTrak Short Game Mode
Fix Recorded Rounds and Shots
Fixed GIR being calculated incorrectly when taking a gimme also affecting distance to pin stat
Fixed AI players not being able to hit when 0in from hole
GC2 US CST
Site Admin

JNPG Simulator Winter Tour 18 (sim):
http://www.simulation.onlinegolftour.ne ... l?id=10041

OGT Simulator Tour Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/OGTSimulatorTour/

HoganWoods

Postby HoganWoods » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:44 pm

The highspin pitch irons will be looked at for the next build. I believe most likely it may come down to having to actually select the 8 iron if you want to pitch with it so that PG can take the spin off of it. We can't simply take spin off low shots in general because of other options that need to remain available like the back of the stance lobwedge with a bit of bite.

psgolfer

Postby psgolfer » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:57 pm

HoganWoods wrote:The highspin pitch irons will be looked at for the next build. I believe most likely it may come down to having to actually select the 8 iron if you want to pitch with it so that PG can take the spin off of it. We can't simply take spin off low shots in general because of other options that need to remain available like the back of the stance lobwedge with a bit of bite.

I think that's a great idea........just need to remember to do it!!!!
GC2 PDT

Thinman

Re: New PG Version requires new OGT Interface

Postby Thinman » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:43 pm

(skytrak)

I believe there may be an issue with the interface switching out of short game mode directly to normal mode, as in the case with a chip to gimmie range.

When the unit switches to short game, or from short game to putting, the unit appears to receive a couple of arm singles, as the skytrak laser lights, goes out and then re-lights. However, when going from short game to normal, this does not appear to happen and as a result, the next shot typically fails to register.

When that happens, bring up the interface and manually switch to putting, then normal, then arm and everything appears to work as normal again.

Short game mode is working pretty good as I can now register <20' chips consistently now.

Return to “SkyTrak”