How to change my leaderboard view?

Moderator: Zmax

HoganWoods

How to change my leaderboard view?

Postby HoganWoods » Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:42 am

You can sort your leaderboard in 3 different ways. To change your leaderboard view goto Administration->Edit Profile->Account Settings->Golf Settings

Here are your 3 options:

1. Standard: Leaderboad is sorted by lowest score regardless of how many rounds a player has played.

2. Clubhouse Leader: Leaderboard is sorted by holes compled and then by lowest score.

3. Synchronized: You will only see the scores of players who are playing the same rounds at you. For example, if you just started round 1, you will only see the scores for round 1 even if other players have played more rounds. The total will reflect this change. Gross scores are disabled in this mode. If you are viewing a leaderboard of a tournament you are not playing, you will see the full rounds.

Notes: You MUST be logged in to use these features. If you view our site as a guest you will default to option #1. All leaderboards on our site will default to your selection. The PG in game leaderboard do not currently apply.

Dazmaniac

Re: How to change my leaderboard view?

Postby Dazmaniac » Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:27 pm

Just starting Rd1 and completed 2 holes. Have OGT site leaderboard set to Synchronised. Took a peek to see how the leaderboard was showing. Only showing Rd1 scores, which is good, but they are not in any articular order, they seem a bit all over the shop. Is this intentional? I thought they might be sorted by scores for Rd1.

HoganWoods

Postby HoganWoods » Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:35 pm

Dazmaniac wrote:Just starting Rd1 and completed 2 holes. Have OGT site leaderboard set to Synchronised. Took a peek to see how the leaderboard was showing. Only showing Rd1 scores, which is good, but they are not in any articular order, they seem a bit all over the shop. Is this intentional? I thought they might be sorted by scores for Rd1.

Ah thanks for posting. I know why this is. You can't see it but the guys on top have probably played more holes than the guys below. We don't want to sort this way in this mode. Changed it. Please try again and let me know.

Dazmaniac

Postby Dazmaniac » Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:03 pm

H,

Just started Rd2 and took a peek at the leaderboard. Still all jumbled as far as scores go. It is sorted by position, but the leaderboard is not being sorted by the actual scores.

It is the same with the mini scorecard on the right of the forums, as this has the scores in the same order as the main leaderboard. Ted is at the top, but he's only-5 an there are better scores shown below him. Also Mistajam should be 10th but shows as 16th.

HoganWoods

Postby HoganWoods » Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:17 pm

Please again, Daz. Let me know.

HoganWoods

Postby HoganWoods » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:01 pm

All 3 of our leaderboard views are now compatible for the in-game PG leaderboards. Whatever you set on our site will be what you see in the game.

Let me know if you have any problems.

highfade

Postby highfade » Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:09 am

As I understand it clubhouse leader should show all the players who started, are playing or completed the round you are currently on. This is not showing. It shows all 4 rounds while I'm only starting the 2nd round.

Synchronized should show all the player scores up to the hole you are currently playing. Not happening, it jumps to a player score who are currently playing live.

Both are broken atm.

Thanks

HoganWoods

Postby HoganWoods » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:41 am

highfade wrote:As I understand it clubhouse leader should show all the players who started, are playing or completed the round you are currently on. This is not showing. It shows all 4 rounds while I'm only starting the 2nd round.

Synchronized should show all the player scores up to the hole you are currently playing. Not happening, it jumps to a player score who are currently playing live.

Both are broken atm.

Thanks

Both are working fine, i just tested all 3 modes. Clear your browser cache and try again.

highfade

Postby highfade » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:00 am

HoganWoods wrote:
highfade wrote:As I understand it clubhouse leader should show all the players who started, are playing or completed the round you are currently on. This is not showing. It shows all 4 rounds while I'm only starting the 2nd round.

Both are broken atm.

Thanks

Both are working fine, i just tested all 3 modes. Clear your browser cache and try again.

No, still not working for me. Tested on Chrome, edge and mobile.

HoganWoods

Postby HoganWoods » Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:50 am

I just changed your account to clubhouse leader mode. If you are registered for a tournament you should see the lowest scores with the most holes played above everyone else. If this is not the case find me on chat and we can see whats up.

highfade

Postby highfade » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:58 am

Hogan, thanks.

I think I just misunderstood how you intend it to work and thought of how I want it to work. :D

That being said both option are pretty useless to me as I'm looking for something that would reflect a real PGA tour leaderboard to add to the immersion of competing.

IRL, when you start an event, there might be players who have completed their round, so reflecting the leader in the clubhouse for day 1. Why would I want to see the leaders for all 4 days while I'm playing the 1st round? If I start my 2nd round it should show the leaders after two rounds.

Synchronized on the other hand should show the whole field's score what it was on the same hole I'm playing. If Tom has finished his tournament at -18 and I'm on day two at the 12th tee then Tom's score should show what he was on the 12th on day two.

I'm pretty sure nobody uses these two options the way it works now?

HoganWoods

Postby HoganWoods » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:30 am

Things are synced on a per round basis, not per hole. Depending which mode, things are then sorted on a per hole basis. The clubhouse leaderboard works fine and if you don't want to see all 4 rounds then use the synchronized option. The synchronized, it could be cool to try what you are suggesting. I'll see how it looks in testing and get back to you.

highfade

Postby highfade » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:52 am

Thanks Hogan, looking forward to it.

If you take the last tourpro event, looking at the clubhouse leaders who done their rounds sitting at -16 while not showing at all is a guy who is -16 for the 1st round!

HoganWoods

Postby HoganWoods » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:58 am

highfade wrote:Thanks Hogan, looking forward to it.

If you take the last tourpro event, looking at the clubhouse leaders who done their rounds sitting at -16 while not showing at all is a guy who is -16 for the 1st round!

That's what clubhouse leader is. The others finished more holes, they go ahead of him. This option might not work well for your tours but for ours a guy at -5 in round one might not even finish top 5 if a guy finished all his rounds is at even.

highfade

Postby highfade » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:37 am

Okay, that's cool but if you ever want to add some more options, a day by day clubhouse leader would be most welcome. ;)

HoganWoods

Postby HoganWoods » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:39 am

highfade wrote:Okay, that's cool but if you ever want to add some more options, a day by day clubhouse leader would be most welcome. ;)

Don't push it. 8-)

highfade

Postby highfade » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:47 am

:lol: :arrow: I had to try.

highfade

Postby highfade » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:41 am

highfade wrote:
That being said both option are pretty useless to me as I'm looking for something that would reflect a real PGA tour leaderboard to add to the immersion of competing.

IRL, when you start an event, there might be players who have completed their round, so reflecting the leader in the clubhouse for day 1. Why would I want to see the leaders for all 4 days while I'm playing the 1st round? If I start my 2nd round it should show the leaders after two rounds.

Synchronized on the other hand should show the whole field's score what it was on the same hole I'm playing. If Tom has finished his tournament at -18 and I'm on day two at the 12th tee then Tom's score should show what he was on the 12th on day two.

I'm pretty sure nobody uses these two options the way it works now?

Can we please have an option that reflects real life tour event like explained above. I don't get it, the public PG tournaments work that way, The Golf Club works that way but the options we have just doesn't cut it I'm afraid.

HoganWoods

Postby HoganWoods » Thu May 12, 2016 1:13 pm

For synchronized leaderboards, what is it you guys want? Is it the following:

Always show FULL round of all players who are playing OR UP TO the same round as you. Example: You have not started yet, you will see round 1 scores only...or you are finished round 1, you will only see rounds 1 & 2 until you finish round 2. Is this correct?

SeventyFour

Postby SeventyFour » Thu May 12, 2016 2:27 pm

HoganWoods wrote:For synchronized leaderboards, what is it you guys want? Is it the following:

Always show FULL round of all players who are playing OR UP TO the same round as you. Example: You have not started yet, you will see round 1 scores only...or you are finished round 1, you will only see rounds 1 & 2 until you finish round 2. Is this correct?

Yes.

Return to “FAQ”