Sim Room Pictures or Videos

psgolfer

Re: Sim Room Pictures or Videos

Postby psgolfer » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:47 am

Tretee wrote:The ProV1 in this case was used as an example of a ball that is very durable and better than most with respect to scuff marks created by wedges.
Tried chrome soft a while back. That ball will get scuff marks by just taking it in and out of the pocket 2 times :-)

The main point I wanted to make was that it's not reasonable to expect that you will be able to avoid scuffed balls. It simply cost to much if you expect to use wedges. My PW spin is around 9k and the 60 - 52 wedges can be as high as 12k. I have never heard of a screen material that can take that for more than 1 year assuming you play a round several days / week. But then again I have never tried one of those very expensive screens and my screen is stretched to be perfectly flat.

Next time I change my screen I will try this material.
https://www.ahh.biz/manufacturing/golf_ ... cement.php
Looks very promising w.r.t. spinning ball tolerance.

I use TP5x balls and just switched to a Carls Premium. IT's the same price as that link above tretee and there are no seams and the picture quality is great. I've had it for about 2 months (give or take) and not 1 scuff. I have a small smudge on the backside from my 5 year old but that's it.
GC2 PDT

rrezk23

Postby rrezk23 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:39 pm

I have attached pictures of my initial construction idea that I am going to be getting estimates on in the very near future. Any recommendations on the new plans much appreciated. I have tried to attach photos of what my current quick set up in the area looks like but it says the images are to large once I get more time to mess with that I will post them as well.

sim_room_3.jpg
sim_room_3.jpg (87.61 KiB) Viewed 1686 times

sim_room_2.jpg
sim_room_2.jpg (66.83 KiB) Viewed 1686 times

Sim_Room_1.jpg
Sim_Room_1.jpg (52.4 KiB) Viewed 1686 times

rrezk23

Postby rrezk23 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:47 pm

Got one of the pics of my current quick setup to post

9C5487EB-F556-40DF-9188-4AFAD6771BA4.jpeg
9C5487EB-F556-40DF-9188-4AFAD6771BA4.jpeg (187.15 KiB) Viewed 1680 times

torreypines

Postby torreypines » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:52 am

rrezk23 wrote:I have attached pictures of my initial construction idea that I am going to be getting estimates on in the very near future. Any recommendations on the new plans much appreciated. I have tried to attach photos of what my current quick set up in the area looks like but it says the images are to large once I get more time to mess with that I will post them as well.

sim_room_3.jpg
sim_room_2.jpg
Sim_Room_1.jpg

Great design. Thank you for sharing. Consider extending the screen to 16 feet wide. It appears you have enough room. By doing so you can have a 16 x 10 foot screen in which a WUXGA projector can project a true WUXGA (1920x1200) 16 x 10 foot image.

rrezk23

Postby rrezk23 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:19 pm

torreypines wrote:
rrezk23 wrote:I have attached pictures of my initial construction idea that I am going to be getting estimates on in the very near future. Any recommendations on the new plans much appreciated. I have tried to attach photos of what my current quick set up in the area looks like but it says the images are to large once I get more time to mess with that I will post them as well.

sim_room_3.jpg
sim_room_2.jpg
Sim_Room_1.jpg

Great design. Thank you for sharing. Consider extending the screen to 16 feet wide. It appears you have enough room. By doing so you can have a 16 x 10 foot screen in which a WUXGA projector can project a true WUXGA (1920x1200) 16 x 10 foot image.

Thank you! I have like absolute no knowledge when it comes to the screen sizes and projectors. I have 10'6" of clearance right now and am expecting it to go down a couple inches once the drywall and carpeting go on the ceiling. So say I have only like 10'2" or 3" will that be enough room to have a 10' high screen? I plan on having walls built in from the sides to attach the screen with bungees and was planning on having eye hooks in the ceiling to attach the screen on the top.

If I did a 15' foot would I be able to do 9.375' height on the screen and get that same true 1920x1200 so it would be the same ratio as 16x10?

Thanks!

Dakespaul7

Postby Dakespaul7 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:25 pm

Tretee wrote:Here's my garage based sim room.
GameScreen.jpg
1680x1050 resolution. I have since changed to 1920x1080.

LightOverview.jpg
Ceiling is raised over the sim part to 10ft. The PC screen is a 24" touch screen but the touch part is not used at the moment.

protection.jpg
The "fish tank" protection, leveled platform and alignment assist.

DriverTee.jpg
Tethered magnetic driver tee. Last for at least a few 100 shots.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/10p-Magnet-Magn ... 1555727181

ShortTee.jpg
Adjustable short tee peg for those iron and hybrid tee shots. It will stay in place shot after shot but is a bit tight to get in and out. The GC2 doesn't like that it's white but a bit of black tape on the side solves that problem.
The rubber holder is short and therefore well below the CEE hitting strip surface. Meaning no wear from hitting those fat iron shots.
I don't use the long tee that came with the holder because the magnetic one is much better since it's tethered.
The rubber tee holder and 2 tee's was something like 2$ on eBay. But I can't find it anymore.

You mentioned you raised the ceiling over the sim. Did you have to change the ceiling trusses to do that and was it a costly excercise? I have a height issue that I need to solve!

Tretee

Postby Tretee » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:30 am

Operation was not so costly since I did all the work my self but it was a lot of work.
I have a lot of construction experience so I did the design my self as well. I guess that is where you need to start before you can get an estimate on the cost.
Roof constructions and especially those that are not standard tend to be complicated.
GC2 & Skytrak. EST+6

captnkrusty

Postby captnkrusty » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:12 pm

I currently have a net return pro that I am hitting into and using a tv to play PG. I have to set up fairly close to the net return to prevent hitting the ceiling on skied short iron shots. I was thinking of making an enclosure, with maybe setting up a projector in the future. Would a 8x8 back, with 5 ft sides and top be adequate? Or would that limit my projector options if I every decide to get one.

hula73

Postby hula73 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:57 pm

Full Photo
Impact Mat

Had to make a sound diffuser to deafen the echo

Touch Screen TV as i Hate using keyboards

Back of Room

Zmax

Postby Zmax » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:31 pm

Wow. Looks amazing