Testimonials

Moderators: Zmax, Shankygolf

JohnMeyer

Testimonials

Postby JohnMeyer » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:27 am

Hi guys, if you've benefited from the help and advice of our resident professional then please post your testimonials in this thread.
PG Simulator Tour Administrator
PG Simulator Tour Player (GC2)
UK - EST+5

JohnMeyer

Re: Testimonials

Postby JohnMeyer » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:32 am

Thanks to Shanky, purely based on my description of my problem, he instantly gave me a little fix that gave me superb results.

He has a fantastic understanding of the mechanics or the swing, but more importantly he tries to not change your swing, just make it work better for you, and through that gets you the results you want.

Would highly recommend any of you with reoccurring problems have a chat, and ideally submit him a video. I'm sure you'll be happy with what he has to offer.
UK - EST+5

Shankygolf

Postby Shankygolf » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:34 am

Nice touch John, Thank you!

If anyone wants some help please don't be afraid to ask - love helping everyone play better golf.

Let's Play Golf!

Shane
I help people learn to love their golf swing!
In person, Online and LIVE online lessons available
http://www.shankygolf.co.uk
GC2+HMT Sim player
UK - EST +5

DriverDivots

Postby DriverDivots » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:43 pm

Couldn't agree more!! I've only sent Shane one video so far, but he gave such a detailed explanation not only as to what I was doing wrong, but why I was doing it and how to fix it. Can't wait to get out there and get some reps in after that lesson and start playing better golf!!

Zmax

Postby Zmax » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:18 pm

Completely agree. Shane has been a big help. My swing is starting to improve. If not for that 10 on a par 5 in second round, I would be have finished in top 5 I think...lol
GC2 US CST
Site Admin

JNPG Simulator Winter Tour 18 (sim):
http://www.simulation.onlinegolftour.ne ... l?id=10036

OGT Simulator Tour Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/OGTSimulatorTour/

Shankygolf

Postby Shankygolf » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:30 am

Thanks guys.

Would just like to say a massive Congrats to Vance on winning his first Major - think I need to update my CV to say 'Coach to a Major champion' lol
GC2+HMT Sim player
UK - EST +5

Zmax

Postby Zmax » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:17 am

Thanks Shane. Your tips helped my a lot. After a bit of work, my swing felt better and scores started to drop. Then a good round here and there. Then a month later and I manage to put 3 good rounds together.

Folks, please post videos of your swing for Shane to look at. It's good to get a tune up every now and then. :)
GC2 US CST
Site Admin

HoganWoods

Postby HoganWoods » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:39 pm

I'd like to share my great experience with Shanky (Shane) over the past few days.

I sent a few videos to shanky a few days ago to get his thoughts on my swing. We talked about what needed to be done over voice chat and he gave me some general feels I could try in order to get myself going in the right direction. I hit balls that night and even though I had an idea of what we were trying to do, some of his suggested feels weren't working so well for me. Keep in mind though, the motion I was trying to create was vastly different than my usual swing, and it was only my first day practicing. The next day we discussed my range session and I told him that a few of the feels he suggested just didn't fit for me. Didn't take long for him to suggest other things I could try to replicate the same moves he wanted me to make. I appreciated the fact that he was able to change things up for me in order to get me more comfortable. These new feels were instantly better for me.

At this point I was hitting the ball alot better already. My good shots have always been good, but my bad shots and even my normal shots aren't good enough. Shane wanted to see for himself so he suggested I bring my ipad in my simulator room and enable video streaming so he could see and talk to me at the same time. Let me tell you, it's fantastic stuff! It was like going to a lesson but not having to leave my house! Anyway, he spent a good 30 mins with me explaining what was going on, what misses I would see, and providing me multiple options I could try in order to get to where we wanted to be. I hit shots on the driving range and he could see the tracer on my shots, as well as get my gc2 data for whatever shot he wanted. It was really cool. I'm a bit sore from swinging a way I'm not used to, but I feel confident in what I'm doing because he did a great job in communicating what I need to do to get more consistent.

Great work Shane and thank you for your time! Looking forward to getting more lessons from you in the future!

Zmax

Postby Zmax » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:10 pm

I smell another major winner in the making....

No pressure.....lol :)
GC2 US CST
Site Admin

HoganWoods

Postby HoganWoods » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:50 am

Zmax wrote:I smell another major winner in the making....

No pressure.....lol :)

Lol, that's going to be tough. The competition this season is fierce.

JohnMeyer

Postby JohnMeyer » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:43 am

2 more chances :) Next one will be end of the month probably and then final major 2nd week in March I would guess, before end of season playoffs. Sadly sim season is coming to end before it begins for some people. As we get nearer will have to work out plans for that as come mid april I get too busy on farm probably to fully admin anything over late spring and summer.
UK - EST+5

Shankygolf

Postby Shankygolf » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:19 pm

Thanks for the awesome review Rick, was a pleasure working with you in our live session, I asked and you delivered!

I'm gonna have to up my own practice to stand any chance of winning anything else, all you guys are getting too good lol
GC2+HMT Sim player
UK - EST +5

HaHo1

Postby HaHo1 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:41 am

Yesterday I posted a video of my golf swing for Shane to take a look at and last night he got back to me and we reviewed the video together while using the chat facility on this forum. We had had a couple of back and forth PM's prior to that where Shane agreed I was cluttering my mind with too many swing thoughts. I also get very analytical which I think is a double edged sword in this game as once I find something that works I seem to move onto the next thing which can sometimes undo previous progress in certain areas.

The first thing Shane wanted to address was his suspicion that I had injury issues in my left elbow area. When I pointed out I suffered from tennis elbow there he wasn't surprised. It turns out Shane had noticed my left arm at address bends beyond straight and my elbow is pointing backwards rather than towards the target. He mentioned a condition known as hypermobility syndrome which is where joints can move beyond their normal range. He had me perform a quick test and low and behold my arms go past being straight! I've never been diagnosed with this condition but years ago a GP once told me I was 'double jointed' and that I had a mixture of tight and very loose tendons. At this point I was beyond impressed, not only that he wanted to make injury prevention the priority, but that he had quickly spotted something that a number of golf pros have never noticed before. So with a quick fix there we moved onto the swing.

In an ideal world, if I could ask for one thing, I would ask for a single, simple swing thought which is easy to achieve and yet sorts a number of issues with my swing and yields excellent results, then that would be it. Before yesterday I would have said that is just a dream. Well perhaps that is exactly was Shane gave me during our online lesson. It's too early to talk about results and only time will tell but I do think we might be onto something here. For someone who normally has such a cluttered mind during the swing simply being able to drop all of that distraction should work wonders. He's given me a check point of having the feeling of getting the left shoulder across to cover the right knee at the top of the backswing. This should prevent my head sliding towards the target and will also prevent my spine leaning towards the target, both during the backswing. This will prevent the reverse pivot and casting the club. I also expect this to get my right knee moving the correct way as well although Shane didn't mention this. I got the impression that there was a list of 'issues' that Shane believed would be sorted if I could achieve this position but didn't go into every detail as he didn't want me over thinking things.

I'll come back to edit this post and share my results once I've had a chance to embed this swing thought.

Thanks very much for the top class lesson Shane and thank you for taking the time as it was late into the evening. Not sure I'll be winning any tournaments any time soon but if I can creep up the leader board then one day, who knows.... :D
UK EST +5
SkyTrak

HoganWoods

Postby HoganWoods » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:44 am

Great Stuff, Haho! Shane is awesome! I have a streaming lesson with him later today.

DriverDivots

Postby DriverDivots » Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:22 pm

Had my first face time lesson with Shane today and it went great! Gotta love technology.
I've sent him videos in the past and we communicated through email and even that helped me tremendously, but I have to say the live lesson was awesome!

I had a terrible over the top move, so that out to in path with an open club face was killing me. In no time he had me swinging much more in to out and we worked on my grip as well. It's amazing how much better my swing feels after one lesson. Even my mis-hits are a lot less offline and still have some distance !! Finally I feel like I'm getting my consistency up.

Thanks Shane!

v8burble

Postby v8burble » Wed May 18, 2016 6:44 am

He's done it again!
I've had a torrid couple of months, playing terribly with awful consistency with irons and a horrible slice on my normally reliable driving.
Finally, the despair prompted me to seek help and Shane took a look at a video of some of my swings.

He suggested a change to my grip and stance and my last 7 or 8 competitive rounds have been the best of my life. The driving is straight again (even the baby draw is back :) ), the irons have been dialled in (latest CTP comp has some of my best results) and I've even managed to shoot level par on the sim 3 times, which for a 22 handicapper with the yips feels great!
Really enjoying my indoor golf again.

Thanks Shane!
UK - GC2 & HMT, SkyTrak and golf simulation reseller.

Zmax

Postby Zmax » Wed May 18, 2016 12:20 pm

Shane is the man!
GC2 US CST
Site Admin

HoganWoods

Postby HoganWoods » Thu May 26, 2016 7:46 pm

Another great lesson with Shane. Great thanks! If he can squeeze the time I highly recommend purchasing lessons!

jasefarrell74

Postby jasefarrell74 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:47 pm

Hi guys, I know a lot of our members have taken the opportunity to get in touch with Shane, for anyone that hasn't I would highly recommend you send him a message. I hadn't been playing too bad when I had a look at my swing, it was horrifying. I sent Shane a video, he took time out of his one day off a week to contact me and offer a few tips and thoughts. I have been working on things the last few weeks and had my first real game in 3 months on the weekend. Wow, it was almost back to the old Jase, 11/13 fairways, driver with a beautiful little draw averaging about 230 metres, pretty good for me, only 8/18 greens, was hitting the irons a little thin, think because of playing off the mat so much. The boys were sceptical when I told them about lessons from a Pro in England but by the end of the round the money was in my pocket and i'm pretty sure they were convinced. Thanks Shane and I will definitely send you a follow up video soon. Cheers Jase.

Zmax

Postby Zmax » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:21 am

That's awesome. I've been struggling lately. Might need to make another video for Shane look at.
GC2 US CST
Site Admin

Return to “Testimonials”