Flightscope Perfect Golf beta testing (CLOSED)

Range44

Re: Flightscope Perfect Golf beta testing

Postby Range44 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:13 am

I played a couple of rounds in the Open Tournament yesterday, and had 3-5 shots freeze on the screen with the ball stuck in mid air on the screen. The game continued to progress to the balls resting point and the next shot without actually showing the rest of the shot, but it had never done that to me before. I did update the Flightscope just before practicing and playing that day, so maybe that had something to do with it. It also locked me up pre-shot on a long putt in the middle of a green, so I ended up hitting a chip instead of auto putt.

Also, maybe it’s wishful thinking but I feel like the update helped with short chips.

Range44

Postby Range44 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:17 am

RickyG wrote:So here is what I have noticed since I got back from Florida spent sometime at Flightscope and now I’m able to run my app and game at the same time I know JNPG is suppose to get all your info from your LM but it doesn’t chips and wedges are good but all other clubs don’t add up ball speed i# the same on both but spin and spin access don’t come close spin numbers seem to be of compared to flightscope client app by 1000 or so some times it’s to high sometimes it’s to low also spin axes don’t match either I will be adding some pics today

I would be interested in how to run both at the same time. Did you have to do anything special? Would you be willing to PM me the details or maybe have a chat on discord?

psgolfer

Postby psgolfer » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:20 pm

Range44 wrote:
RickyG wrote:So here is what I have noticed since I got back from Florida spent sometime at Flightscope and now I’m able to run my app and game at the same time I know JNPG is suppose to get all your info from your LM but it doesn’t chips and wedges are good but all other clubs don’t add up ball speed i# the same on both but spin and spin access don’t come close spin numbers seem to be of compared to flightscope client app by 1000 or so some times it’s to high sometimes it’s to low also spin axes don’t match either I will be adding some pics today

I would be interested in how to run both at the same time. Did you have to do anything special? Would you be willing to PM me the details or maybe have a chat on discord?

You want to launch and run PG connect to sim console. Open FS software and set networking to "Client". Then play.
GC2 PDT

RickyG

Postby RickyG » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:32 am

Hi Range44 if you need any help with setting it up PM me and I can walk you threw it on Discard tried PM You but couldn’t

joeybaggs12to1

Postby joeybaggs12to1 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:40 am

Hi Range44,

I'm curious. What model of FS do you have?

I own a FS Xi and haven't been able to get it to work yet with JNPG. I have been playing on tour with my old Skytrak.

Thanks!

psgolfer

Postby psgolfer » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:55 pm

joeybaggs12to1 wrote:Hi Range44,

I own a FS Xi and haven't been able to get it to work yet with JNPG. I have been playing on tour with my old Skytrak.

Thanks!

The lowest model that works is the Xi+.
GC2 PDT

Range44

Postby Range44 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:34 pm

joeybaggs12to1 wrote:Hi Range44,

Thanks!

I have the Xi-Tour. Works for me. No putting or very short chips, but anything outside of 20 feet is doable.

Tommygolf

Postby Tommygolf » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:52 pm

Well I’m finally up n running with my Flightscope
X2. Obviously no putting as fs x2 doesn’t work for that:
I’ve been using it in outdoor mode out doors! Works like a charm.
The only thing i did notice is on short chips sometimes won’t register.
So some sensitivity issues there. If I chip little harder than would like sometimes.it works.
Had two sessions so far. One session better than the other , but then worked out that I was in short indoor mode. As opposed to full outdoor. So got some funny readings.

I’ve got skytrak for inside. But don’t trust my jr golfers with it so close .. so Flightscope works great.

Starting some course design too so getting heavily into that.
Will be testing more , and will report. On accuracy of ball flight. But so far I’m quite impressed.

If only x2 hd putting !

psgolfer

Postby psgolfer » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:44 am

Tommygolf wrote:Well I’m finally up n running with my Flightscope
X2. Obviously no putting as fs x2 doesn’t work for that:
I’ve been using it in outdoor mode out doors! Works like a charm.
The only thing i did notice is on short chips sometimes won’t register.
So some sensitivity issues there. If I chip little harder than would like sometimes.it works.
Had two sessions so far. One session better than the other , but then worked out that I was in short indoor mode. As opposed to full outdoor. So got some funny readings.

I’ve got skytrak for inside. But don’t trust my jr golfers with it so close .. so Flightscope works great.

Starting some course design too so getting heavily into that.
Will be testing more , and will report. On accuracy of ball flight. But so far I’m quite impressed.

If only x2 hd putting !

If you want to have some fun, run your skytrak using JNPG and your Flightscope using the FS software. You can see how close/far the numbers are off/on. When you run the FS software, make sure you run it in "client".

Enjoy!!
GC2 PDT

Tommygolf

Postby Tommygolf » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:02 pm

Will try Ps ..
haven’t tried skytrak with it yet.. am licensed n ready to go.
Fs has a hard time in doors. And I think that the numbers in short indoor could be hmmm skeptical..

I accidentally had fs in short indoor mode - outside at the range .. hit a pull hook and in gave me a shank slice in game.
However in proper mode outdoors it seems very good so far. (Exception very small chips not reading) .. I presume in outdoormode.. it just passes on the exact flight it’s picking up. Which would be accurate. There’s also a slightly longer delay .. in full mode. Not a bad one.. but tells me it’s reading the whole flight . Which is good!

I will def do a comparison n get back to you.
I’m still building indoor studio. With proper screen. I have a net which is fine for 6 irons n the like.. big bit wary of hitting driver .. so haven’t used skytrak inside with jnpg yet .
Outside .. not sure how good it is . Done somewith it just in skytrak software . N seams ok.
Possibly hit little further on skytrak than fs. But guessing fs in full outdoor is more accurate as reading is actual not calculated.

WhT would be sick is if I could have fs read ball flight full shots n skytrak read the putts. :)
Be surprised if that were possible though! Lol
Haven’t tried with jnpg.
Wat am I likely to see? Lol

New on here so please add as friend .
Can’t wait to get set up indoors n play tournaments etc..
Right now using fs n jnpg in my teaching
(I’m a golf pro) .. but can foresee a drop in lessons .. as soon as my sim is built as I may never leave the house! Lol

Zmax

Postby Zmax » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:26 pm

Join OGT JNPG Discord chat
GC2 US CST
Site Admin

JNPG Simulator Winter Tour 18 (sim):
http://www.simulation.onlinegolftour.ne ... l?id=10036

OGT Simulator Tour Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/OGTSimulatorTour/

Tommygolf

Postby Tommygolf » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:58 pm

Well had another full day of testing..
fs with pp (fs x2 )

.. had a very accurate day with it today. Obviously no puts .. but full shots perfect and
Chips decent. Only little struggle on very short chips (sometimes not reading)

I’d like the chips to check a little more.. in real life they would. Could be range ball though.
But I also feel this is also true in norm gave version. Chips run but too much

Just in terms of sim.
Wish you could ..

Set mulligans to auto populate.. Ie : I wish was the default or you could make the default
Also wish you could place the ball in prac mode in free run around mode. I use the map.. but sometimes have to work my way back.

Ie if I’m starting at 50 yards n then want to go back to 150. The map gets zoomed in.
So have to place go back place again go back etc to get to where I want. (So maybe a zoom option on the map. )

Also auto continue back to rebut last shot .. if you hit one in the water eg. It will continue you.

Minor stuff .. apart from that was very happy with performance .

Plan to do some short game and putting with skytrak and see the differences (how useful : realistic)

Remember I’m testing outdoors full flight, with Flightscope in full outdoor mode. It’s bang on.

Tommygolf

Postby Tommygolf » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:00 pm

Zmax wrote:Join OGT JNPG Discord chat

Hey Zmax - wats that “ discord chat” how to join? :).

Sorry just getting my sea legs with the site ;) Ie newbie

Zmax

Postby Zmax » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:19 pm

GC2 US CST
Site Admin

JNPG Simulator Winter Tour 18 (sim):
http://www.simulation.onlinegolftour.ne ... l?id=10036

OGT Simulator Tour Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/OGTSimulatorTour/

Return to “Flightscope”