Newbie Questions

Moderator: HeNs

boerdoc

Newbie Questions

Postby boerdoc » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:39 pm

I have played 2 Q-school rounds on Skytrak. So far so good. Skytrak has been pretty consistently picking up shots, an occasional missed putt but no big issue. I am still navigating the game with keyboard, mouse and Airkeyboard. Just a few questons that I have searched for answers but I have found none.

1. When setting up a players bag, is there a way to change the wedges to 50 degree, 54 degree and 58 degree instead of 52,56,60?

2. Can you change the distances listed for each club? Where do the distances come from? Too far for me!

3. Can you display the selected club onscreen? I know skytrak does not need this but it helps club data.

4 Any keyboard shortcut to change clubs? Even an up and down arrow would help as long as it is displayed onscreen.

5 Any keyboard shortcut list that is comprehensive? This one is even missing F5 for free camera.
[img]
Perfect%20Golf%20Keyboard%20Shortcuts.jpg
[/img]
Attachments
Perfect Golf Keyboard Shortcuts.jpg
Perfect Golf Keyboard Shortcuts.jpg (48.11 KiB) Viewed 1152 times

psgolfer

Re: Newbie Questions

Postby psgolfer » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:39 pm

boerdoc wrote:I have played 2 Q-school rounds on Skytrak. So far so good. Skytrak has been pretty consistently picking up shots, an occasional missed putt but no big issue. I am still navigating the game with keyboard, mouse and Airkeyboard. Just a few questons that I have searched for answers but I have found none.

1. When setting up a players bag, is there a way to change the wedges to 50 degree, 54 degree and 58 degree instead of 52,56,60?

No, PP has default clubs

2. Can you change the distances listed for each club? Where do the distances come from? Too far for me!

Same as above, just default

3. Can you display the selected club onscreen? I know skytrak does not need this but it helps club data.

Nope, need to toggle on the right side to what club you want OGT site to track.

4 Any keyboard shortcut to change clubs? Even an up and down arrow would help as long as it is displayed onscreen.

5 Any keyboard shortcut list that is comprehensive? This one is even missing F5 for free camera.

It's an old list, not sure if there's an updated one.
[img]Perfect%20Golf%20Keyboard%20Shortcuts.jpg[/img]

See answers below questions ^^^
GC2 PDT

stingreye

Postby stingreye » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:49 pm

boerdoc wrote:I have played 2 Q-school rounds on Skytrak. So far so good. Skytrak has been pretty consistently picking up shots, an occasional missed putt but no big issue. I am still navigating the game with keyboard, mouse and Airkeyboard. Just a few questons that I have searched for answers but I have found none.

[img]Perfect%20Golf%20Keyboard%20Shortcuts.jpg[/img]

I used airkeyboard for TGC but found PG to work better with just the mouse. TGC really needed the airkeyboard as it was easier than remembering what all the keyboard commands were. Not sure on your other answers as I am too lazy to mess with changing clubs. I should though because the shot tracking feature is awesome.

Couple more tips:
Make sure you check out BLI for reading greens.

Turn on the option to leave the green grid on always (I like it better)

I prefer the grid at 0.50 width vs 1.0.

Check out zmax’s thread on camera views etc.

Jwheels9876

Postby Jwheels9876 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:48 am

I also used the airkeyboard app for TGC and now JNPG. I used to switch clubs all the time on TGC because the clubs were built right into the app. Now that we have shot data being collected, I wonder if we can get the clubs added to the airkeyboard app? Not sure who made the JNPG one, maybe Tekbud?

I for one would certainly switch clubs every time If it was as easy as just tapping a button on the app.

boerdoc

Postby boerdoc » Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:11 am

Thanks for the replies. As a beginner to JPNG, I want to get the most out of the game and I hope that these will be improvements in the future versions.

As to default clubs and distances, that is no big deal but it would be nice to have.

With respect to keyboard shortcuts and Airkeyboard changing clubs, I think that is a very valuable feature. Are there any keyboard shortcuts for club selection? If so updating the Airkeyboard would be easy. If not, then it would take multiple keyboard strokes to be programmed. Doable but more work. If we only had the club displayed and could hit either an up or down arrow to change that would make it simple to change. Instead of having the icon for a club being displayed, why not have it display the club number that is preselected in its place? No more screen space used for an extra button.

I reviewed Zmax's settings and will update and try 0.5 grid. How do you turn on BLI?

Jwheels9876

Postby Jwheels9876 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:17 pm

Not sure on the club selections from the keyboard but I don't think so. There's a list on the screen when you play on the far right to select the club you want so you have to hover with mouse and click on the club you want every time to change it. I always forget, but I use the app pretty much every single shot. Would be awesome to get the shortcuts to clubs on there. I couldn't find anything about programming the air keyboard app even through a goggle search lol. I have no idea how to do it. Probably better off asking all your questions on the discord app though, that's where everyone always is and responds quickly.

aeroburner

Postby aeroburner » Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:57 pm

i have one built for JNPG as well as TGC its been a long time let me look at my air keyboard and see if i can build in the clubs for you
boerdoc glad you joined up but have not seen you active on discord. these questions are answered in minutes as well as help on the putting issues as well

boerdoc

Postby boerdoc » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:31 am

aeroburner wrote:i have one built for JNPG as well as TGC its been a long time let me look at my air keyboard and see if i can build in the clubs for you
boerdoc glad you joined up but have not seen you active on discord. these questions are answered in minutes as well as help on the putting issues as well

I am only in through 2 rounds of Q-school. Still trying to figure out my way. from what you are saying I should use discord instead of the forum for these types of questions. I love what I have experienced so far. I will be in touch on discord soon.

About the only other thing I miss about TGC is John's snarky comments (not you John but the commentator in TGC). I guess I could fill that in with some online live play.

Armand

Postby Armand » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:35 pm

For keyboard/mouse play, you can set the option in SETTINGS | GAME to change clubs with the scroll wheel on the mouse. I have no idea if this works with the simulator interface or if it would help with club selection, but it seems it would (although perhaps not as quick as a single keystroke).

If you go into SETTINGS | CONTROLS, you should be able to show a list of keyboard shortcuts (I don't know if you must have mouse/keyboard selected as the input device to see this list).

stingreye

Postby stingreye » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:43 pm

BLI
How to use the BLI (break line indicator) to read greens.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =395389679

You also should make sure you are set to hacker or amateur as the difficulty setting or else you can’t use the minimap or other aiming features or BLI.

boerdoc

Postby boerdoc » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:18 am

Thanks Armand and Stingreye. I love all the tips. I wish that there was a great manual for all of these. I have had to search all over. There is so much to cover in this forum it may be hard to put it all together. You have steam, Perfect Golf, Discord, Online Golf Tournament, simulation play, and for me Skytrak and all the settings and features. I am almost comfortable enough that I can navigate my way around without help, but I certainly appreciate the generosity of others who share their knowledge and expertise.

stingreye

Postby stingreye » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:41 pm

Absolutely! I would add for anyone else that runs across this. Discord has the most active players in sim golf. There is a collection of tips that keeps growing in the skytrak discord section and guys on there are quick to help if you have any questions. There are more active guys in discord than the forums. Probably 1,500 messages a day.

I should add you should jump into a multiplayer game on discord, it will shorten the learning curve dramatically. Guys are very friendly and welcoming. Warning it can be addicting!

Return to “Perfect Golf Game”