User FAQ Q & A

Moderator: HeNs

JohnMeyer

User FAQ Q & A

Postby JohnMeyer » Thu May 05, 2016 2:43 pm

Please post any "How to Play" and "How do I...?" type questions in this thread and will try to answer them and keep the OP updated as a kind of FAQ.

Q .How do I take a mulligan if the post-shot screen has disappeared?

A. You cant. If you are concerned with this you can set your post shot display to manual in the game options (you would then have to manually click continue or mulligan after each shot), or to a longer timeout to give you more chance to decide.

Q. Sometimes I see overhanging branches in front of me but I can't tell whether there is any risk of hitting them. Is there a side-view camera I can select to judge how far in front of the ball they are?

A. Press F5, this will enable free cam where you can move the camera to wherever you want. If you Press F5 again the camera will stay in its current position and you can play your shot whilst leaving the camera in that position, Press F5 again and it will return to the default original view.

Q. If I'm on the green and double-click on the flag icon on the swing-o-metre thing (bottom right) it auto-putts me (great feature). I can't work out how it decides how many putts to add to my score, is there a way to adjust this? Sometimes it adds 1 sometimes 2.

A.I recently tested this, and in my testing, on a stimp 10 green(not sure if that has any effect) anything below 10ft was a 1 putt, 10ft and above was a 2 putt. Personally I think the putting in PG is so good Ive always putted, and on tour events this option is disabled.

Q. Is there a way to get distances to front and back of the green? I'm using the map view but the back of the green is often out of view, can I move it?

A. Use the mini map in the top left, which I assume is what you mean by map view. I believe you can also use the F5 free cam i mentioned previously to move to the green, then F5 again to lock the camera, and then use the aim stick to click around the green to get the distances to any area you wish.
PG Simulator Tour Administrator
PG Simulator Tour Player (GC2)
UK - EST+5

brattenj

Re: User FAQ Q & A

Postby brattenj » Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:27 pm

What exactly do the white dots in the fairway represent?

Why on some holes (usually par 5s) does the default line for the second shot seem to line up WAY offline?

JohnMeyer

Postby JohnMeyer » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:00 am

brattenj wrote:What exactly do the white dots in the fairway represent?

Why on some holes (usually par 5s) does the default line for the second shot seem to line up WAY offline?

A. The white dots represent aiming points. You player will default aim to these points for your shot. However as you have noticed, on par 5 hole with multiple fairway aiming pints, depending on where your shot lands, it may on occasion default to an incorrect aiming point. This is most when your tee shot either hasnt gone past a point, and off to the side, so rather than auto aiming at the next point, it still aims at the original, thus pointing you way offline. Alternatively if a designer has added the second aim point expecting a lay up, and you as a player would expect to be hitting into the green, again this can cause the auto aim to be offline from the pin, and point you towards the aim point, which again if your off to the side may be at a complete wrong angle when in respect to the pin.

It's mostly right, most of the time, but its always worth checking your aim anyway.

A simple check is to press F3, and you will get a flyover of your current aim point to the landing area. A cool little feature is that when at this F3 view landing area, you can then press F5 and use the mouse to adjust your exact point of aim.

The same is true of F2, which will take you to a Green View, again when at this view, press F5 and you can then check the slopes etc on the greens and pick you point of aim.
PG Simulator Tour Administrator
PG Simulator Tour Player (GC2)
UK - EST+5

MRose

Postby MRose » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:43 pm

I'll try to answer the aiming shot point thing as a designer.... even though most par-fives are reachable in two, Course Forge requires a second shot point on all par-five holes. My general protocol is that I try to put it at the most natural layup point, maybe somewhere 75-100 yards from the center of the green. I generally try to mark it along the theoretical safe line, which may not always agree with the aggressive line, especially if someone is trying to reach with the second shot.

I also find that on real courses, it helps make the hole yardage more accurate, as that is the way the holes are measured IRL. If I'm doing a real course I want the scorecard yardages to be as close to the real ones as I can make them.
Designer of 18 courses (to date) for JNPG

Return to “Perfect Golf Game”