Skytrak broken

CDOG88

Re: Skytrak broken

Postby CDOG88 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:09 am

Just an update here.

My Skytrak arrived back last Friday, took it to the range Friday evening, used my own balls and hit 30 or so shots from irons to driver.

All shots gave me the exact ball flight - I was really pleased how accurate the ST was, cant comment on distance as I didn't have a range finder.

I also seem to be getting a tiny bit more ball speed also since it was returned, getting Driver up and above 145 BS occasionally and 3/4 woods up to 140, this was not possible before really - which I highlighted to the testers upon return.

Sky golf added a screen guard to the plastic, their comment was that the plastic on the ST when it was rolled out was far too soft and scratched easily, this can affect reading I believe. Now all skytraks come shipped with a screen guard.

Not sure what else was done - but now my unit is performing well.

I have never suffered No reads to be fair, I can go rounds and rounds without seeing one and still no change there.

I was getting some weird results with putts a few weeks ago - but I noticed my CCE mat had got real bumpy and was likely causing bad results on speed and direction. I have now used some nylon pro putting grass as a strip when I put, I lay it down over the hitting area - it has a line on it and I aim straight and have no Issues at all, straight and true.

cheers
Craig

Zmax

Postby Zmax » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:21 am

Nice to hear that. Guess they didnt tell you want they did to fix it? Strange.
GC2 US CST
Site Admin

JNPG Simulator Winter Tour 18 (sim):
http://www.simulation.onlinegolftour.ne ... l?id=10041

OGT Simulator Tour Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/OGTSimulatorTour/

CDOG88

Postby CDOG88 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:20 am

Nah , apparently just the screen guard , maybe they recalibrated it as part of the testing , who knows , I think the scratches on the screen caused a major problem with spin readings to be honest, the glue on the screen guard fills in the tiny depressions I was told.

Cheers

RickyG

Postby RickyG » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:44 pm

Came back from myrtle beach did the upgrade on skytrak it has not worked the same since keeps disconnecting from JNPG and even the skytrak app got off the phone with skytrak technical support have to send it back same thing happened last upgrade and they sent me a new unit took over a month to get back guess my season is over will ship back o Monday tried USB connect and it still looses connection

psgolfer

Postby psgolfer » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:58 pm

RickyG wrote:Came back from myrtle beach did the upgrade on skytrak it has not worked the same since keeps disconnecting from JNPG and even the skytrak app got off the phone with skytrak technical support have to send it back same thing happened last upgrade and they sent me a new unit took over a month to get back guess my season is over will ship back o Monday tried USB connect and it still looses connection

Before you ship it back, contact Seth at Sporttrak, if you need his email PM me (don't want to post publicly).

He might be able to send a previous firmware or offer other suggestions.
Personally, I would do a master reset and then connect to the ipad app in wifi and not your PC.
GC2 PDT

Zmax

Postby Zmax » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:01 pm

Can you put the old firmware back on?

And why does it take a month to get a new one? They should send you a new one now. Do a credit card pre-charge. After they recieve the bad unit, cancel the charge. Customer is happy.
GC2 US CST
Site Admin

psgolfer

Postby psgolfer » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:05 pm

Zmax wrote:Can you put the old firmware back on?

And why does it take a month to get a new one? They should send you a new one now. Do a credit card pre-charge. After they recieve the bad unit, cancel the charge. Customer is happy.

Ricky is in Canada, hence the lead time. Has to go to Jancor the Canadian dealer then to skygolf.

Ricky, I pm'd the contact info you'll need.
GC2 PDT

Zmax

Postby Zmax » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:10 pm

psgolfer wrote:

Ricky is in Canada, hence the lead time. Has to go to Jancor the Canadian dealer then to skygolf.

Still, shouldn't take a month. Unless he doesn't have roads/highways going into his town and it has to be delivered on horseback.
GC2 US CST
Site Admin

psgolfer

Postby psgolfer » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:56 pm

Zmax wrote:
psgolfer wrote:

Still, shouldn't take a month. Unless he doesn't have roads/highways going into his town and it has to be delivered on horseback.

When I sent mine back a couple of months ago it was 2 days to Quebec, 4 days to skygolf, 8 days at skygolf and 4 days back to me. 18 business days = 1 month. Ya, it's a joke. Quicker in the US for turnaround.
GC2 PDT

Return to “SkyTrak”