Putting issues today

MichW89

Putting issues today

Postby MichW89 » Wed May 11, 2016 2:52 pm

Is anyone else having putting issues today? I am seeing crazy variance in my putting line for what are fairly consistent rolls on my mat in real life. It is not even hitting the hole on some very short putts that are rolling straight on the Mat.

Zmax

Re: Putting issues today

Postby Zmax » Wed May 11, 2016 3:03 pm

The update fixed the issue where all putts were starting straight. What you are seeing now is how the Skytrak reads short or low speed putts.

PP Dev still need to add code to allow forgiveness for these low speed putts. Hang in there.
GC2 US CST
Site Admin

JNPG Simulator Winter Tour 18 (sim):
http://www.simulation.onlinegolftour.ne ... l?id=10041

OGT Simulator Tour Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/OGTSimulatorTour/

MichW89

Postby MichW89 » Wed May 11, 2016 3:34 pm

Thanks zmax. Appreciate the update.

Zmax

Postby Zmax » Wed May 11, 2016 5:25 pm

I've just been told there's already a forgiveness for short putts.

Short putt forgiveness is set at 1.3 m/s. When its 1.3 or less, HLA will be a 1/10th of the reading. i.e. if reading was 4 degrees left, PG will use .4 degrees left.
GC2 US CST
Site Admin

MichW89

Postby MichW89 » Wed May 11, 2016 9:32 pm

Hmm interesting. So if my math is right that is about 3 mph that is the threshold, so I don't think that impacted me very much as I had gimmes on at 4ft. My setup has a putting mat that extends out from the hitting mat and essentially replicates a 6 foot putt (mat distance not game distance). It is aligned as a dead straight putt with the Skytrak alignment aid. I recorded the launch direction for my first 10 makes and got (2.2, 2.3, 0, 2.1, 2.5, 0, 4.9, 0, 0, 3.1) all at ball speeds of 3.5-4.5 MPH. The zeros are interesting because the other numbers were out to a ton of decimal places so I would guess it didn't read the launch direction and passed a zero (it read ball speed and launch angle). I am curious how the game handles this if SkyTrak doesn't read the launch direction. If that is the case I am thinking my SkyTrak might have an alignment issue of 2-3 degrees (with 1 outlier) that went previously undetected due to the straight putting issue.

Are any other SkyTrak users having issues with this? Curious if this is alignment in my unit or inconsistency with the SkyTrak unit as a whole. Perfect Golf seems to accurately reflect what is showing in the interface.

Any other ideas anyone?

Zmax

Postby Zmax » Wed May 11, 2016 10:09 pm

It's possible that 1.3 m/s is still too low. Need input from more SKytrak users. I've asked the remaining 3 beta testers to give input.
GC2 US CST
Site Admin

CDOG88

Postby CDOG88 » Fri May 13, 2016 12:46 pm

Hi, does anyone know if the putting has been addressed?

really would like to play PATP tournament but its just unplayable right now.

Zmax

Postby Zmax » Sun May 15, 2016 7:32 pm

New beta out with possible putting solution. Just waiting on beta testers to give their feedback.
GC2 US CST
Site Admin

Zmax

Postby Zmax » Sun May 22, 2016 6:05 pm

Perfect Golf 1.4.0.4 Patch to be released Today
MAY 22 - PERFECT PARALLEL
We are pleased to announce another quick patch to JNPG. This patch includes:

Bug Fixes
Fix for Skytrak putting sensitivity
Fix for tournament scoring when double clicking continue button
Fix for Practice Toggle not showing swing data
Fix for practice mode buttons not returning after score card
Fix for manual aim with arrow keys not creating new PROS screen
Possible fix for Concede Bug
Possible fix for multiplayer free camera getting reset when opponent aims
Fix: Alt Shot Resume starting on Tee
Fix: Alt Shot Resume Failing to load
Fix Other Resumes Failing to start

Minor Upgrades to Crystal Pines Course

Added Features:
ES16 Integration now working
Added Swing data to practice mode on regular courses so players can understand the correlation between shot result and data
Hole by Hole Stat Tracking

The Stats are not available in game at the moment but will be available once we have redone the UI but can be viewed over at social.perfectparallel.com under the My Career -> Lifetime Stats section.
You can view stats for a course / course->swing type / course - > difficulty / course -> swing - > difficulty / difficulty and swing type.
GC2 US CST
Site Admin

CDOG88

Postby CDOG88 » Mon May 23, 2016 4:26 am

good work zmax - appreciate the update, looking forward to upping my scrambling again :lol:

should have waited to play my rounds in the simulator masters - way too keen! Couldn't wait. :lol:

36 putts :(

JohnMeyer

Postby JohnMeyer » Mon May 23, 2016 7:32 am

realy tough greens out there though, i had 32 and didnt think i putted too bad lol
PG Simulator Tour Administrator
PG Simulator Tour Player (GC2)
UK - EST+5

MichW89

Postby MichW89 » Mon May 23, 2016 9:09 am

Great news! Can't wait to try it out. Really excited to see the responsiveness in getting this worked on.

CDOG88

Postby CDOG88 » Mon May 23, 2016 9:12 am

I agree John, those greens are extremely severe, to be fair the bug only lost me a handful of shots , had maybe 4 or 5 over two Rounds that went straight right from 4/5 feet, my lag putting was and usually is very good, I just need to work on keeping the ball in the property then I will start to score :lol: managed 39 on the front in round 2 then started spraying it again.

v8burble

Postby v8burble » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:11 am

SkyTrak guys - can you possibly do me a favour? I'm a GC2 user but looking at the combination of SkyTrak with JNPG for a business.

How bad, or hopefully good, is the putting?
I know there have been some JNPG updates addressing this since the thread started (and I believe more are coming in the current beta) but... for the most part, do you feel SkyTrak gives you a fair experience?

I've read public grumbling from a few on here about putting but I'm hoping there are also many of you out there who are quite happy with the experience, given the cost savings against GC2? Feedback will be greatly appreciated.
UK - GC2 & HMT, SkyTrak and golf simulation reseller.

Skaestner

Postby Skaestner » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:21 pm

v8burble wrote:SkyTrak guys - can you possibly do me a favour? I'm a GC2 user but looking at the combination of SkyTrak with JNPG for a business.

How bad, or hopefully good, is the putting?
I know there have been some JNPG updates addressing this since the thread started (and I believe more are coming in the current beta) but... for the most part, do you feel SkyTrak gives you a fair experience?

I've read public grumbling from a few on here about putting but I'm hoping there are also many of you out there who are quite happy with the experience, given the cost savings against GC2? Feedback will be greatly appreciated.

As a SkyTrak owner i can say that the putting inside 10 ft is hit or miss, but for the money i'm generally happy with it, it's playable. i putt to a cup that doesn't move in relation to the skytrak laser and i can get readings from -8 to +8, but the launch direction typically falls between 3.5 in each direction even when putting directly into the cup.

That said, does anybody know (in regards to putting) if the surface of the mat should extend out far enough to cover the fov of the skytrak camera? i have a 3 x 5 mat and for typical shots the surface of the mat would be short of where the 2nd laser would land if i had "alignment" mode on. today i tried moving my mat so that both of these lasers would be covered for putting and the putting seemed to be more consistent.

MichW89

Postby MichW89 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:45 pm

If you have a coarse hitting mat like the country club elite one I use, I have found that it can negatively impact the putting. I now have a 1 footish cut out from one of those cheap roll up putting mats that I put over my CCE mat when putting and have found that the minor inconvenience gives me much more accurate results.

Skaestner

Postby Skaestner » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:09 pm

MichW89 wrote:If you have a coarse hitting mat like the country club elite one I use, I have found that it can negatively impact the putting. I now have a 1 footish cut out from one of those cheap roll up putting mats that I put over my CCE mat when putting and have found that the minor inconvenience gives me much more accurate results.

Good to know, thank you.

CDOG88

Postby CDOG88 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:45 pm

Anyone getting putts coming up way short?

Recently in the last 2/3 weeks I've seen putts that have gone nowhere , good example is a 5 footer I've rolled to about 7 feet as I normally hit them and it rolls out about 3 feet?? It's really annoying .

Last few rounds I have seen around 1 per round , today I had a 40 footer which I hit solid and probably felt too hard if im honest, and it came up 25 feet short and cost me a 3 putt! :(

In general I think the putting is very good however , using a CCE u will get the odd shoot offline but I'm really pleased with it, apart from the above issues that I've only started seeing recently

sfr

Postby sfr » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:27 pm

CDOG88 wrote:Anyone getting putts coming up way short?

Recently in the last 2/3 weeks I've seen putts that have gone nowhere , good example is a 5 footer I've rolled to about 7 feet as I normally hit them and it rolls out about 3 feet?? It's really annoying .

Last few rounds I have seen around 1 per round , today I had a 40 footer which I hit solid and probably felt too hard if im honest, and it came up 25 feet short and cost me a 3 putt! :(

In general I think the putting is very good however , using a CCE u will get the odd shoot offline but I'm really pleased with it, apart from the above issues that I've only started seeing recently

And just to confirm you are talking about putting on the green and not from the fairway or rough?

Are they flat or up hill? Depending on the stimp the uphill in inches can add that amount in feet to the putt. As the stimp gets faster that ratio changes.

Can you see your ball speed after you putt just to confirm what you hit?
GC2 Simulator Player (Mountain time which is EST -2)

CDOG88

Postby CDOG88 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:52 pm

Putting from a green

I understand the speeds vary and I am a good putter and judge pace very well, this is definitely a glitch of some kind.

I will save the shot and get the ball data next time it happens.

Return to “SkyTrak”