ProTee to GC2 Migration

kubota

ProTee to GC2 Migration

Postby kubota » Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:28 pm

Hello - I'm hoping to get some feedback on moving from a ProTee sim to GC2. I feel I've a good handle on things, but have a couple questions that I would sincerely appreciate some feedback on. Specifically:

Hitting surface - for ProTee I constructed a 12x12 subfloor with cutouts for the PT hitting and putting sensors. I then laid down a single piece of synlawn over top. Is it as simple as finding a hitting strip to replace the PT hitting sensor or would you guys recommend a larger stance mat? I've been fine standing on the synlawn to date. Would very much appreciate any recommendations here. I've read tons on other forums about CCE, Fiberbuilt and Divot Action but still not real clear, especially with an existing subfloor in play.

Lighting - Doesn't matter with GC2 right? I'm thinking of just leaving the existing PT lights up and buying a new set to sell with PT.

Righty/Lefty - can someone confirm it's not a huge deal to move the GC2? My youngest is a lefty so occasionally we'd play together. Is it just picking up the unit and moving it or are there buttons to bang and settings to change each time?

Thanks very much for any insight. I've found what I think is a great deal on a GC2 and am looking forwarded to the added flexibility (and tours) GC2 will bring. Feel free to add any other suggestions!

Zmax

Re: ProTee to GC2 Migration

Postby Zmax » Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:38 pm

Hitting surface: A strip of CCE or Real Feel mat. Great for irons and putting.

Lights: Doesn't matter

Lefty/Righty: It uses BlueTooth connection so it's easy to move. No buttons to hit. Just make sure Perfect Golf player is setup as a Lefty or Righty.
GC2 US CST
Site Admin

JNPG Simulator Winter Tour 18 (sim):
http://www.simulation.onlinegolftour.ne ... l?id=10041

OGT Simulator Tour Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/OGTSimulatorTour/

psgolfer

Postby psgolfer » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:03 pm

kubota wrote:Hello - I'm hoping to get some feedback on moving from a ProTee sim to GC2. I feel I've a good handle on things, but have a couple questions that I would sincerely appreciate some feedback on. Specifically:

Hitting surface - for ProTee I constructed a 12x12 subfloor with cutouts for the PT hitting and putting sensors. I then laid down a single piece of synlawn over top. Is it as simple as finding a hitting strip to replace the PT hitting sensor or would you guys recommend a larger stance mat? I've been fine standing on the synlawn to date. Would very much appreciate any recommendations here. I've read tons on other forums about CCE, Fiberbuilt and Divot Action but still not real clear, especially with an existing subfloor in play.

Lighting - Doesn't matter with GC2 right? I'm thinking of just leaving the existing PT lights up and buying a new set to sell with PT.

Righty/Lefty - can someone confirm it's not a huge deal to move the GC2? My youngest is a lefty so occasionally we'd play together. Is it just picking up the unit and moving it or are there buttons to bang and settings to change each time?

Thanks very much for any insight. I've found what I think is a great deal on a GC2 and am looking forwarded to the added flexibility (and tours) GC2 will bring. Feel free to add any other suggestions!

Hitting surface I like true strike, if you have a platform and 1.25" turf above it's easy to cut out. See my true strike for sale in the classifieds and you'll see what I mean.

You can use any lighting, I have a 75W halogen above my hitting surface.

Again, see my pics, I'm a lefty and all my friends hit from the wrong side, I've marked on my turf where to place the GC2 when moving back and forth. It's very easy to move.
GC2 PDT

kubota

Postby kubota » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:24 pm

Thanks guys!

Return to “Foresight GC2”