PG Sim Tour Ryder Cup - Day 2 - Massachusetts GC - COMPLETED

Moderators: JohnMeyer, Shankygolf

HoganWoods

Re: PG Sim Tour Ryder Cup - Day 2 - Massachusetts GC

Postby HoganWoods » Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:30 pm

So me and v8 tried 3-5 times to play us 2 alt shot and lag was too much no matter who hosted. We then had vance host a dummy game for us but on hole #2 we went into a hazard which didn't have a drop option and vance was not around to reset the round. We then played on Teamspeak together each by ourselves and saved the best hole, exactly like round 1. When we finished i clicked close on the scorecard by accident because i'm an idiot. So basically having hours of hell, we concede the point. There's nothing more we can do. It was fun playing with you, v8!

psgolfer

Postby psgolfer » Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:36 pm

Scores recorded and ready to be posted. Shane, I'll PM them to you so you have them for when Bpep and Ryan play their round.
GC2 PDT

v8burble

Postby v8burble » Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:03 pm

HoganWoods wrote:So me and v8 tried 3-5 times to play us 2 alt shot and lag was too much no matter who hosted. We then had vance host a dummy game for us but on hole #2 we went into a hazard which didn't have a drop option and vance was not around to reset the round. We then played on Teamspeak together each by ourselves and saved the best hole, exactly like round 1. When we finished i clicked close on the scorecard by accident because i'm an idiot. So basically having hours of hell, we concede the point. There's nothing more we can do. It was fun playing with you, v8!

Yep... with a very sore elbow, dented pride and an extremely broken golf game, I echo Rick's comments above in saying we tried and tried and tried but must concede now given the mess!
Rick - I really enjoy chatting with you and playing the 18, even if the scores didn't ultimately matter. Whilst my 18 was dreadful and showing the state of my game with only 1 birdie and 7 pars - it would have been interesting to see how your excellent 74 dovetailed with it. Keep up that form for Days 3 and 4!
UK - GC2 & HMT, SkyTrak and golf simulation reseller.

Tekbud

Postby Tekbud » Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:18 pm

Barefoot and I played today. Was a rough first round back after injury for me but was a ton of fun. Great time playing games with Barefoot! Those greens were tough.
Attachments
back9.JPG
back9.JPG (51.76 KiB) Viewed 2422 times
frnt 9-1.JPG
frnt 9-1.JPG (52.04 KiB) Viewed 2422 times

Mpags

Postby Mpags » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:45 am

My GC2 is headed out on a plane for repairs. Don't they understand I'm in the middle of the Ryder Cup and should get a replacement overnighted? At the rate of current play, it should be back in time for Day 3. I will need a replacement/sub for who knows how long...headed to the real course I guess.

HoganWoods

Postby HoganWoods » Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:46 pm

v8, let me know if you are around to give it one more shot. I know it was brutal. We can try and get a host. Short notice, no pressure.

Tekbud

Postby Tekbud » Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:47 pm

HoganWoods wrote:v8, let me know if you are around to give it one more shot. I know it was brutal. We can try and get a host. Short notice, no pressure.

Especially now that you know what you have to beat :lol: ;)

HoganWoods

Postby HoganWoods » Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:52 pm

Tekbud wrote:
HoganWoods wrote:v8, let me know if you are around to give it one more shot. I know it was brutal. We can try and get a host. Short notice, no pressure.

Especially now that you know what you have to beat :lol: ;)

Ya after reading this i printed it off and put it next to my clubs to make sure I know.

HoganWoods

Postby HoganWoods » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:09 pm

Thanks to zmax for letting his PC host our match while he wasn't home. We had no problems this time. We also decided before we teed off to not look at tek's scores and play every hole for a par. Here are our scores.

scores.jpg
scores.jpg (141.88 KiB) Viewed 2371 times

I believe the match is AS. We had a 5 footer for birdie on the last, but we didn't know it was for the win. Great match all. Thanks for your patience v8. We both need to somehow get better connections. I know I can't though :(

Tekbud

Postby Tekbud » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:25 pm

HoganWoods wrote:Thanks to zmax for letting his PC host our match while he wasn't home. We had no problems this time. We also decided before we teed off to not look at tek's scores and play every hole for a par. Here are our scores.

scores.jpg

I believe the match is AS. We had a 5 footer for birdie on the last, but we didn't know it was for the win. Great match all. Thanks for your patience v8. We both need to somehow get better connections. I know I can't though :(

Yep - AS
Wow - in the end for us it came down to Barefoot's heroic shot in there on 17 into that back left pin that he stuck to 11 feet and I made a tricky little downhill curver. I'm glad I wasn't up on the tee because I would have bailed out right without a doubt, especially if I would have known where the match stood.

HoganWoods

Postby HoganWoods » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:30 pm

Tekbud wrote:
HoganWoods wrote:Thanks to zmax for letting his PC host our match while he wasn't home. We had no problems this time. We also decided before we teed off to not look at tek's scores and play every hole for a par. Here are our scores.

scores.jpg

Yep - AS
Wow - in the end for us it came down to Barefoot's heroic shot in there on 17 into that back left pin that he stuck to 11 feet and I made a tricky little downhill curver. I'm glad I wasn't up on the tee because I would have bailed out right without a doubt, especially if I would have known where the match stood.

It was interesting on 17 I thought we needed to finish 4, 4 to win just from memory and gut feeling. We knew you shot 85 and with a 9 and 2 7s, but we did not know which holes. We also knew you made alot of pars. Was very fun without lag. Anyways, well played everyone.

v8burble

Postby v8burble » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:32 pm

Tekbud wrote:

scores.jpg

Yep - AS

Now that was fun! Very honourable of Rick not to throw me under the bus but it was my 5 footer that was missed :) Smiling because after all the hours of pain trying to get the match going yesterday I somehow feel AS is right (forgetting of course that we conceded the point yesterday) :oops: but I'll take my first Ryder Cup half point(or is that a quarter point) if you'll allow it!
Tekbud, barefoot - say hi if we're all online sometime - I feel I know you guys now :) Well played!
UK - GC2 & HMT, SkyTrak and golf simulation reseller.

HoganWoods

Postby HoganWoods » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:38 pm

v8burble wrote:Now that was fun! Very honourable of Rick not to throw me under the bus but it was my 5 footer that was missed :) Smiling because after all the hours of pain trying to get the match going yesterday I somehow feel AS is right (forgetting of course that we conceded the point yesterday) :oops: but I'll take my first Ryder Cup half point(or is that a quarter point) if you'll allow it!
Tekbud, barefoot - say hi if we're all online sometime - I feel I know you guys now :) Well played!

You did more than your share, v8! You made 3 birdie putts for us!

JohnMeyer

Postby JohnMeyer » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:38 pm

Well done guys for persevering. Great match.
PG Simulator Tour Administrator
PG Simulator Tour Player (GC2)
UK - EST+5

Tekbud

Postby Tekbud » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:42 pm

What's the status on the remaining day 2 matches?
When will day 3 matches get going?

jasefarrell74

Postby jasefarrell74 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:56 pm

Hi guys, our day 2 group is looking to play Friday night but it looks like we have lost mpags, and he was the only one that could host. We will need a US player to sub for him, hopefully someone who can host. I am also good for Saturday and Sunday arvo/night to play day 3 if we can get this done.

sfr

Postby sfr » Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:21 pm

With our match in limbo, it might be a good time to decide that I should drop out.

My back had been acting up and I have been trying to see if full swings were ok but they are not. Not sure how long I would be out as last time I pushed things and ended up being off for a month. With real golf starting here I don't want to jeopardize that.

So if you are replacing Mpags you can go ahead and replace me and then this way you guys can organize a match where all can play.

I would also say replace me for the rest of the matches as well. I can't commit to a time when I don't know if my back will be ok.

Sorry.
GC2 Simulator Player (Mountain time which is EST -2)

JohnMeyer

Postby JohnMeyer » Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:32 pm

Captains please advise me of the changes, ie the subs for Mpags and SFR asap.

If there are time concerns etc then perhaps we need to consider dropping Day 3 and jumping straight to singles and get this wrapped up?

In any case, need to get remaining Day 1 and Day 2 matches scheduled and completed as soon as is possible
PG Simulator Tour Administrator
PG Simulator Tour Player (GC2)
UK - EST+5

HoganWoods

Postby HoganWoods » Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:40 pm

JohnMeyer wrote:Captains please advise me of the changes, ie the subs for Mpags and SFR asap.

If there are time concerns etc then perhaps we need to consider dropping Day 3 and jumping straight to singles and get this wrapped up?

In any case, need to get remaining Day 1 and Day 2 matches scheduled and completed as soon as is possible

Could do 2 rounds of singles also and host as api tourney to really simplify it all. I don't are either way though I have zmax as my host :P

psgolfer

Postby psgolfer » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:34 pm

HoganWoods wrote:
JohnMeyer wrote:Captains please advise me of the changes, ie the subs for Mpags and SFR asap.

Could do 2 rounds of singles also and host as api tourney to really simplify it all. I don't are either way though I have zmax as my host :P

I like that idea. It was very difficult in trying to co-ordinte 4 guys at the beginning of golf season. If we did this around Christmas/New Year I think we could blow through all 4 days in no time.

I'm up for 2 rounds of singles if the Captains and set it up. Might be the best way to go.
GC2 PDT

Return to “PG Simulator Tour Ryder Cup 2016”