PG Ryder Cup 2016 Schedule and Pairings

Moderators: JohnMeyer, Shankygolf

JohnMeyer

Re: PG Ryder Cup 2016 Schedule and Pairings

Postby JohnMeyer » Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:21 pm

Will see how we go over the next few days. If there continues to be the struggles then will see what we can work out, but it is much more preferable to try and play at least 1 v 1 vs one of your opponents.
PG Simulator Tour Administrator
PG Simulator Tour Player (GC2)
UK - EST+5

sfr

Postby sfr » Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:38 pm

Also what would happen for example on day 4 with match 1 where both guys can't host. I still don't know if Nick can host and if not then my match would be in the same boat with neither of us being able to host.

My day 2 matches have 3 of the 4 unable to host.

When we started this idea of match play we though we only needed to have one of the four be able to host and all would play together but with PG getting so graphic intense that it won't let you handle playing 4 guys together it changed things big time.

Again to cut back on guys who can't host, I can drop out if needed or if it would make things run easier for the rest.
GC2 Simulator Player (Mountain time which is EST -2)

JohnMeyer

Postby JohnMeyer » Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:49 pm

Right now the multiplayer is in a bad state so thats not helping, that should hopefully be fixed early this week. Ive managed to host with 1mb up fine over the last few days, even during this multiplayer fiasco.

Day 2 Alt Shot will have to be delayed until this multiplayer is fixed anyway, so no huge rush on Day 1 matches. Just kep tryin to get them arranged as best ya can.
UK - EST+5

Shankygolf

Postby Shankygolf » Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:16 pm

HoganWoods wrote:Having played the RyderCup last year, I'm personally for playing at least 2 by 2. I feel it adds a pressure element to the game that can drastically change the scoring. However, if for some reason playing solo would become necessary, the way to do it would be to host a private tournament and then simply play that out on the corresponding conditions. All scores would be verified by all API functions. A video is cool, however you could simply keep restarting it if you did not have the starting holes you liked.

I have to agree Rick, playing 2 v 2 is a totally different game to playing individually as its matchplay what the other team does massively influences the shots we play etc I hope some of us at least can play 2 v 2 during the tournament.

Is it worth everyone setting their graphics lower than we'd normally play when playing these matches??
I help people learn to love their golf swing!
In person, Online and LIVE online lessons available
http://www.shankygolf.co.uk
GC2+HMT Sim player
UK - EST +5

Tretee

Postby Tretee » Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:17 pm

Just wanted to mention that I have 2 PMs from sfr on the topic of matches but I can't read them because it says I don't have permission to read PMs that are on hold. What does that mean?
GC2 & Skytrak. EST+6

HoganWoods

Postby HoganWoods » Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:25 pm

Tretee wrote:Just wanted to mention that I have 2 PMs from sfr on the topic of matches but I can't read them because it says I don't have permission to read PMs that are on hold. What does that mean?

Mailbox probably full I think.

sfr

Postby sfr » Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:22 pm

Shankygolf wrote:Is it worth everyone setting their graphics lower than we'd normally play when playing these matches??

If it worked then that would help. I would play on low settings just to get this done. Question is how low will it need to be?

Tretee

Postby Tretee » Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:58 am

HoganWoods wrote:
Tretee wrote:Just wanted to mention that I have 2 PMs from sfr on the topic of matches but I can't read them because it says I don't have permission to read PMs that are on hold. What does that mean?

Mailbox probably full I think.

Suspected that this could be the reason so I cleaned mine that was at 99% full.
GC2 & Skytrak. EST+6

JohnMeyer

Postby JohnMeyer » Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:16 am

I think the power of the hosts PC is also a factor regarding lag etc, so I guess if the hosts PC is remotely struggling to run the game then that can introduce issues as its having to do the extra work of hosting too. I think if ya getting very high FPS figures then wouldnt have thought it was an issue, however if ya CPU usage is high when not hosting I guess when hosting that is when problems could occure.

If issues arise when hosting if ya on a good connection may be worth a try lowering settings to see if it helps. There are definite issues though in the network component of the game, so may be hit and miss trying to figure out exactly whats best.
UK - EST+5

Mthunt

Postby Mthunt » Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:24 am

Willymakit wrote:To the first round pairings. Mthunt,zmax and whoever the fourth would be. I'm available all of Saturday afternoon 12pm mst unil the evening to get the match in

Just got my computer back but still having issues with connecting interface to pg and gc2. Will hopefully get together with zmax or hogan woods to figure out the issue. Went through the ogt interface forum for suggestions but nothing worked.

Willy, Zmax and our fourth. I've got a lot of available time for the next 72 hours. Can we get this done?

Zmax

Postby Zmax » Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:58 am

Mthunt wrote:
Willymakit wrote:To the first round pairings. Mthunt,zmax and whoever the fourth would be. I'm available all of Saturday afternoon 12pm mst unil the evening to get the match in

Just got my computer back but still having issues with connecting interface to pg and gc2. Will hopefully get together with zmax or hogan woods to figure out the issue. Went through the ogt interface forum for suggestions but nothing worked.

Willy, Zmax and our fourth. I've got a lot of available time for the next 72 hours. Can we get this done?

Willy and I played yesterday. You need to play with the other USA guy. Goat needs to replace Tekbud. Somebody can play twice if needed. Message Goat and Shanky.
GC2 US CST
Site Admin

JNPG Simulator Winter Tour 18 (sim):
http://www.simulation.onlinegolftour.ne ... l?id=10036

OGT Simulator Tour Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/OGTSimulatorTour/

JohnMeyer

Postby JohnMeyer » Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:17 am

Myself and pinseeker tried our best but major lag issues, connections going up into the 3 -5 SECOND range. Not playable.

Big thanks to Pinseeker for continuing to try and get things going. Was a great 5 holes before it came to an end.

Until this is fixed im out im afraid.
UK - EST+5

AnonGregg

Postby AnonGregg » Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:24 pm

Shanky and I just played with no problems.
I took screen captures of the card. When F12 screen save, where can I retrieve the image? Anyone know the directory.
I looked all over.

Thanks,
Gregg
US - EST

JohnMeyer

Postby JohnMeyer » Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:34 pm

Tournaments Tab issue resolved, will now be able to play matches using the pre setup matches from the tournaments - public tab
UK - EST+5

sfr

Postby sfr » Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:01 pm

Question about internet speed and graphic settings and low end computer setups.

I know you need a good upload speed to make on line play work but what do you need to do if speed is questionable?

Who would need to lower graphic settings, the host or both players? Does that have any baring on the upload speed?

If internet upload speed is fine but host computer is not strong enough, will this work at all? If host computer is not strong will both players lowering graphic settings help?

The way I thought things were is that if a computer was high end you could have your settings as high as you want, as the transfer of data was just data to display the shot, and this was not tied to the host computer settings or other players in the match in any way. Is this correct?

JohnMeyer

Postby JohnMeyer » Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:30 pm

During the lag fest that was my day 1 match I tried (as the non host) lowering my GFX settings down to Very Low, and it made no difference what so ever.

My only thought is that for both host and non host if your getting occasional stuttering game play due to the settings being too high, then this may harm the multiplayer experience, as obviously PC is having to do the extra work or the multiplayer side of things, so lowering the setting may free up some system resources. If you PC is already running the game with power to spare then I wouldnt imagine lowering the settings will make much difference, as the limit comes from you internet speed, not your PC.

Perhaps as a guide we should try and have the host PC running at a solid 60FPS or something like that, so its definitely not the PC causing any issues, leaving it just down to the internet speed?

I think the issues though that myself and Pinseeker had, as well as many other it seems is to due with a netcode issue that PP have
said theyll address this week.
UK - EST+5

JohnMeyer

Postby JohnMeyer » Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:39 pm

schedule2204.jpg
schedule2204.jpg (231.7 KiB) Viewed 1855 times
UK - EST+5

jasefarrell74

Postby jasefarrell74 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:42 pm

Hi guys, Nick and I just tried to play day 3 with no success, neither of us can host. Reaching out to anyone that could possibly host for us Saturday about 4pm EST or anytime after, even better if Willy and NickH are available. I know Willy and Shanky are playing tomorrow so may not be possible. We really don't want to go the solo route. Pretty please, Jase.

HoganWoods

Postby HoganWoods » Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:27 am

IMPORTANT

Guys that are playing MULTIPLAYER matches via the tournament tab, pleases remember that the HOST scores will not save to our site right now. There is a bug for people who don't have the latest PG beta. You NEED to take a screenshot and have it verified by your playing partner. I see a few guys playing at this moment that might have this issue, it's important that you do not close out your scorecard when done before taking a screenshot.

JohnMeyer

Postby JohnMeyer » Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:26 pm

schedule2304.jpg
schedule2304.jpg (241.35 KiB) Viewed 1824 times
UK - EST+5

Return to “PG Simulator Tour Ryder Cup 2016”