PG Simulator Tour Ryder Cup 2016: World Team

Moderators: JohnMeyer, Shankygolf

psgolfer

Re: PG Simulator Tour Ryder Cup 2016: World Team

Postby psgolfer » Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:48 am

If need be, I'll go to team USA. I did live in California for 8 years and I'm only an hour away from WA state.

Plus with the current exchange rate, I should get an extra stroke!! LOL!!!
GC2 PDT

Tretee

Postby Tretee » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:13 am

I have 50Mbit down and 30Mbit up on average (could be as high as 100/50 and as low as 24/6 depending on network load), but it's a 4G system that tends to have higher latency then most other ADSL or land based connections.
I have hosted games and it works but especially for those from North America that have moderate speed on their connection we have seen lag and delays. It's doable but not optimal.

When it comes to availability I am very flexible and can do anything from early morning EU time to very late that would translate to evening in the US. That is if I am not traveling, then I can't participate at all.
The week of April 4th I am traveling all week, and the 2 weeks after that I will be away a few days here and there. (not yet decided the exact date). Weekends are always OK.
GC2 & Skytrak. EST+6

Mthunt

Postby Mthunt » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:25 am

psgolfer wrote:Plus with the current exchange rate, I should get an extra stroke!! LOL!!!

77 cents buddy. Making a come back.

Willymakit

Postby Willymakit » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:12 am

So after yesterday fiasco between Greg , shankygolf , tekbud and myself trying to play a alt shot. We tried several times with different setup between Greg hosting or myself , in the end we could not all play together. So my suggestion to this problem is for a back up plan is either play best ball match play , playing with your partner and sending in the scores or play by yourself with your partner score and take the best score.

I'm sure we won't be the only ones with this issue.
GC2

MST

JohnMeyer

Postby JohnMeyer » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:25 am

What was the problem exactly was it players not showing in the lobby, players not loading into the game, or disconnects?

May have to just play 1v1 stroke play, and then record the scores. Will have to be against an opponent though rather than with team mate as no API to verify anything.
PG Simulator Tour Administrator
PG Simulator Tour Player (GC2)
UK - EST+5

AnonGregg

Postby AnonGregg » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:43 pm

The problems we were experiencing were:

- all 4 of us entered in the lobby for the match just fine however, Jason was not successful in completing the loading of the course (Prelude or Glades) - it kept getting stuck around ~40%. The rest of us were on the 1st tee just fine.

- When Jason hosted, we were all able to get loaded just fine however, Shane had miserable lag (60s) and was unplayable.

- I believe Jason was able to join a previous match when Shane hosted when it was just 2 of them.
odd
PG Simulator Tour Player (GC2)
US - EST

sfr

Postby sfr » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:59 pm

I am wondering if it is just that there is a lot more strain on the computer speed with the updates with PG and courses being a lot more drain as well. The 64 bit is helping for a lot of issues but I too see more lag than I had ever before when I started with PG. And Jason I think is playing on a commodor 64 :lol: which may not be 64 bit. I think Jason said his internet speed was not the issue but would computer specs cause this?

Actually were you all on the 64 bit version? Does that matter if some are and some not?

Possibly 4 players creates more lag. I would hate to have to drop the quality settings in order to play on line but might be worth a try.
GC2 Simulator Player (Mountain time which is EST -2)

Shankygolf

Postby Shankygolf » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:07 pm

Hey guys,

sorry I've not been on much of late, things have gone a bit crazy with lessons & with everything so I've had my mind on other things. Now its settling down a little its a bit easier to be on rallying us all up.

Gotta say well done to v8burble and Ryanoneill on completing their half of our fourball match, gonna be a tight one with Gregg and I, I'm sure.

If any of you are struggling with getting games played please contact me and I'll see if I can come up with something to help - also can I get a confirmation from you all that we're all good to play the first lot of games asap?

Davor & Lyle, if your opponents aren't responding to any messages I see it that we should get the point from that particular match lol - John do we need to put a deadline on matches?

If any of you need a last minute swing check please don't hesitate to ask, otherwise good luck & lets show em how good the World team is.

Cheers

Shane
I help people learn to love their golf swing!
In person, Online and LIVE online lessons available
http://www.shankygolf.co.uk
GC2+HMT Sim player
UK - EST +5

jasefarrell74

Postby jasefarrell74 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:22 am

I am good to play first day but only have this afternoon and tomorrow my time, with work during the week I can't start playing until about 6pm here which is about 1am in the states I think, knew my time zone was going to make this tough. Cheers Jase.

Return to “PG Simulator Tour Ryder Cup 2016”